The Swedish web company Pingdom has released an interesting set of statistics on the growth of the internet in 2009.
Amongst the numbers that Pingdom collated were:
– 90 trillion – The number of emails sent on the Internet in 2009
– 247 billion – Average number of email messages per day
– 234 million – The number of websites as of December 2009
– 1.73 billion – Internet users worldwide (September 2009)
– 126 million – The number of blogs on the Internet (as tracked by BlogPulse)
– 1 billion – The total number of videos YouTube serves in one day
If you want to check out the full story, click here.